New Fifties C.D

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

New Fifties C.D

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hi Folks,
Have just bought a new C.D called "Lipstick,Nylons,Petticoats and Stilettos" Brit Girls Of The 50's (4 disc set) ACQCD7012......Acrobat Music Group Limited 2008.

I should think we all have the songs which are being sung by Ruby

Let Me Go Lover
Softly Softly
Happy Days And Lonely Nights
Heartbeat
Evermore
If Anyone Finds This I love You

Also included on the Discs are Alma Cogan,Pet Clark,Lita Rosa,Vera Lynn Eve Boswell,Anne Shelton,Dorothy Squires,Shirley Bassey.

But it also includes songs by other artisits who perhaps are not so well known
Barbra Lyon,Julie Dawn,Suzi Miller,Kathie Kay,Sheila Buxton,Alma Warren.

The set also contains a booklet which has many photographs of the artists,there is a nice section on Ruby with six photographs of her being displayed.

For anyone who enjoys the fifties music this set is real good value and brings back many happy times and memories.

Go out and buy

Take Care
Last edited by Graham Bunn on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Graham,

Hope you are well. Please could you tell me where you bought this CD?

Thanks and best wishes.

Martin

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Martin,
It's been such a long time since I heard from you but I'm so pleased that someone has shown an interest in this C.D.

I obtained it from H.M.V.......However Martin if you go in on www.acrobatmusic net you will see other interesting C.D's and may be able to send for this particular boxed set.

Take Care
Graham

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I have been 'off the air' for a few days and have only just seen Graham's discovery. I think we all have master copies of the top five, plus one, but I will still purchase the C.D when I next come to England.
I am very interested in what photos have been used, can you enlighten me Graham.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Bernie,
I hope that you have now recovered from your fall........

The six photographs are not new they have been seen before

One is taken from the "Change Your Mind " C.D a very early colour photo which is shown on an inside cover of "Change Yor Mind
Three others can be found in the "Anthology" booklet ie Ruby sitting on the floor with a sheet of music in her hand,the Frank Sinatra meeting,and the photograph which was used for the "Ruby" theatre posters.

Another is from the series of photos taken by Harry Black(have I got that right Bernie) it is the one which appears on the cover of "The Magic Of Ruby Murray"

The last one I had not seen before.....Ruby must have had several photos taken when promoting her new L.P "Ruby" and it is a colour print of Ruby looking serious but with the typical hand gesture that we all loved.

Bernie the booklet is so good it has photographs and information on Dorothy Squires who I know you admired,Joan Regan,Lita Roza,The Beverley Sisters,Vera Lynn,Anne Shelton,Eve Boswell,Marion Ryan,Shirley Bassey,Petula Clark,Winifred Atwell,The Kaye Sisters,Yana,Jean Campbell,Suzi Miller,Joan Savage,Barbra Lyon,Jill Day

What a line up of talent and you get 120 songs to listen to.

I'm still enjoying it.

Take Care
Graham

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Graham, Hi guys,

Just to say I got the CD today from HMV online and it is well worth buying, not only for the great tracks by Ruby and those other great 50s singers, but as Graham says the very attractive and interesting booklet.

Thanks Graham!

Martin :D