Hear New Versions Of Softly Softly(Warning Given)

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Hear New Versions Of Softly Softly(Warning Given)

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello All,
Thought that this might amuse you........By Accident I went into a site on Google by entering Ruby Murry(yes spell it incorrectly) and found the following posting.

Singsnap Recordings for Ruby Murry Songs.......Enter and have fun but as I have already stated you have been warned.

Take Care
Graham

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Graham, well done on finding this site, it is quite good. I will put the link on so all our friends can go to the site without searching.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndLi ... ist/ac3f06
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post Subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

At this moment I am paying a visit to my nephew in Birmingham and I am delighted that he gives me use of his computer so that I can still keeping in touch with the website.

Graham - your find is quite a strange but very interesting one. Regarding the recording itself, - I make no comment, you wouldn't expect me to, would you? Keep rummaging Graham, I find your contributions quite fascinating.

I have managed to grab an hour with Gerald, whilst being quite near to his home. We discussed the lack of comments that are made after his many efforts to supply data to the Forum. He does have my sympathy. All he ever asks is for a comment to be made when he (and others) have made a contribution. As he says, any comment at all would be welcome, so come on friends give him due encouragement. There is a small core of regular contributers who regularly add their comments, - they know how they are, their frequent contributions are very much appreciated, but I would plead, on Gerald's behalf, for others to take a minute just to pass ANY KIND OF COMMENT so that the efforts he makes to supply data are recognised and appreciated. I for one would despair if Gerald ceased to contibute through the lack of response from friends/fans, who are themselves cherished members of the site. I have recently sent some 32mm colour transparencies to Gerald because I know that he will once again weave his magic over them and get them uploaded to the website. When they appear friends - please comment - in any way at all.

In anticipation of your response - THANK YOU.

Adios Amigos. Bernie

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I should perhaps add that what prompted this discussion with Bernie (over a nice cup of tea!) was that if you look in the Library at the downloads, you will find for example pictures from Brian and Graham (via John) with figures of 40 - 60. The song "Edelweiss" is currently at 83 downloads.

How many people have actually commented on these items? I know how much effort I put in to restoring the song from David Frankish's tapes, and I am sure Brian, Graham and John have also put a lot into getting their pictures available for us all to see. This of course is not to forget the immense amount of effort Bernie puts in everytime he goes to his collection in order to find something new which he thinks might be of interest to us fans.

I am sure I speak for all of us in saying that it is not that we do it for just "thank you", although that is indeed welcome. I personally like to see what reaction there is to the song, or photograph, or newspaper cutting, particularly when it is what we call "a rare treasure". Bernie, bless him, always without fail comes up with some nice interesting words, as background to the new item or as a comment on how it looks, sounds, etc.

What is your reaction to seeing a new picture, or hearing a previously un-released song? How does it make you feel? Does it bring back any special memories of Ruby for you? Have you any idea of when it was created? Do you find it interesting when Graham goes to all the trouble to type out a newspaper cutting? Do you remember reading it, all those years ago? Did you ever see Ruby perform in a club? Can you imagine from hearing how she sings what it must have felt for her, after once being at the top of the Hit Parade?

The list of questions is virtually endless. The response to a new item is generally quite poor in terms of comments, and quite good in terms of people copying it to their own computer for nothing.

This is not an angry post. It is just that from time to time I have to remind myself that "no comment" is the norm for this Message Board (unlike others which I have joined) and that while the Download figures keep increasing, I must be doing something right to help keep alive the memory of a lovely singer who meant so much to many of us 50 years ago. That, and Bernie's always interesting comments, are what keep me going, and I suppose that applies to the other people who so kindly give up their time to put lots of effort into making sure there is always something new to read or look at in the Library.

I send my grateful thanks to all of them.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Gerald, well said, I agree with everything you have said, like you we are not doing it for the thanks, but it is nice when you do, it shows people appreciate it.

I am constantly sending out emails to those who have become members and have never made a post, but I don't get any reply apart from the odd two.
Regards
John.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Gerald,
Just a quick email to let you know that I'm sure many of us really appreciate what you have done for the website.

But I must say like you I get very disappointed when you don't get feedback on what you think is an interesting topic.

I did decide at one time enough was enough but then I felt guilty and thought that I owed it to Ruby to keep her memory alive.

I do get pleasure from seeing that some of the articles do get a good viewing rate so I guess that is something.

I would guess that at this moment in time you are preparing a Christmas Page for the website and it would not be the same if it was not there,so keep up the good work Gerald and lets hope that these few messages might have a result and some of the newer members that John always welomes might be tempted to post something.

Best Wishes
Graham

Timmer
Site Admin

Re: Hear New Versions Of Softly Softly(Warning Given)

Post by Timmer »

What an interesting web site. Thanks for finding this and posting the link!