17th December 2008

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

17th December 2008

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello friends,
As we come to the end of another year the 17th of December will be a sad day for all Ruby fans.

The record books always indicate that Rubys success was brief.......To me it always seems a shame that success is measured on how many hit records you achieved.
Theres no getting away from the fact that Ruby was the female star of the fifties with several hit records and she went on to make many more beautiful recordings but after the fifties that hit record seemed to elude her .

However she continued to be the top of the bill in all theatres throughout the country,she travelled abroad and at this time of year starred in pantomime.
Right up to her last illness she was touring with the "Wonderful Fifties" show with the likes of Clinton Ford and Ronnie Hilton and it was receiving marvelous revues.

Ruby gave so much pleasure and I can't think of anything better than to end my tribute with other than to use the words that Bernie had placed on Rubys last resting place.

"Dear Ruby,Sleep,Softly Softly,In Peace,Evermore"

"God Bless Ruby
Graham

Jk

Re: 17th December 2008

Post by Jk »

Hello Graham, yes it is a day to listen to all Ruby's songs, that's what I do on every 17th December.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Re: 17th December 2008

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Of course it was a bad day yesterday for me but It was brightened up quite considerably when I received some very good news that I had been for. I tend to adopt the thought that Ruby brought joy and happiness to millions of people so we should all be happy about that. The joy that she brought is an ongoing pleasure to me and her many fans/friends.

Ruby Sweetheart - ". . . . No Matter What"

I listened also to 'The Very First Christmas of All', like many other fans, it's my favourite of the Christmas songs.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy. Healthy and Peaceful New Year.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.