Ruby's music

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
pauline

Ruby's music

Post by pauline »

Ruby's music was a comfort for me as a child. I was adopted from an orphanage in Ireland (born in 1960) and raised in Oklahoma. When I came to Oklahoma from Ireland, I came with a record album of Ruby's. I think I wore out that album as I loved her music and for me it was a sense of comfort. I grew to love her music and I believe it kept my Irish heritage alive.

Pauline

Jk

Re: Ruby's music

Post by Jk »

Hello Pauline, Welcom to the Ruby Murray website. Good to hear your story about Ruby's music giving you comfort, I think she did that to most of our members.

I have sent you an email to welcome you.
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hello Pauline,

I would like to join John in welcoming you to the Ruby website. I hope you enjoy it and if there is anything you need or want to know please post a message.

What a lovely story. Can you remember the name of the album you mentioned? Ruby had a great gift for making people happy, may she rest in peace.

Martin :-)

pauline

Post by pauline »

It was the album with all her Irish Songs. Dear Old Donegal, Irish Eyes Are Smiling, Danny Boy etc... I loved it!!

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Welcome Pauline, and other newcomers to this site. It looks like 2009 may be a bumper year for new members!

You may not be aware that the originator of this lovely website, Tim Burleson (otherwise known as Timmer) grew up in America listening to similar Ruby Irish songs to your favourites on LPs belonging to his Mum. He was prompted in 1999 to set up this website, probably little realising how it would grow to become so popular and have so many pictures, songs, cuttings etc placed in the Library. We are still today indebted to him for hosting all the things that we post, and for holding in his possession the domain name (the www bit) that we use.

Long may www.rubymurray.org continue!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Pauline,

Your story is really wonderful. In a way, it can be likened to Ruby's hit song - 'If Anyone Finds This, I Love You' which I feel sure that you are aware of. As Gerald correctly pointed out , there is also a 'connection' with our Timmer's story of being raised on listening to Ruby's records. His mother was an avid Ruby Murray record collector and although 'Timmer' was far too young to have been around when Ruby was being so sensationally successful with her abundance of hits he became a staunch fan himself through listening to his mother's collection of Ruby Muarry records.

Tell us more of your story Pauline because, as the song says 'Oklamhoma City is Mighty Pretty'

Adios for now Senora. Bernie.

pauline

Post by pauline »

I grew up in a small town in Oklahoma called Perry. I loved music and as a child would put Ruby Murray's album on the stereo and listen to it over and over. This album came with me when I arrived from an orphanage in Cork to Oklahoma. As I mentioned before this was very comforting to me. I love music.