Ruby on 'youtube'

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Brian Henson

Ruby on 'youtube'

Post by Brian Henson »

Does anyone else spend time in 'youtube' viewing vintage TV & Film clips. So far as I know there are no clips of Ruby that we aren't already familiar with, but a number of people are uploading various audio recordings usually with a photograph or two on screen. Sometimes very attractive montages of various photos and illustrations have been put together as a slide show to view whilst listening to the music - as is the case with this delightful collection seen over Ruby's 'Softly Softly'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LAWqAfAVw

Brian

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Ruby on 'youtube'

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thanks for the link Brian. I don't know who the originator is, but there is not a doubt in my mind that some of the pictures in the montage have come from this website.

Not that I am complaining, because we all know that there is no restriction on access to the website and thence the library, so all our pictures, songs etc are in the public domain. And although a credit would have been nice in order to direct people here, it is better that others see them than have them hidden away behind a security screen, I think.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Re: Ruby on 'youtube'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

There is so much that I would like to comment on in recent postings but at the moment I am trying to cope with an infection which has laid me low. I will respond soon.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

P.S. I agree with Gerald, the biggest majority of the photos that have been used for the Youtube item are the ones that were from Ruby's and my collection. Both Gerald an John K. can verify that. I will in fact count them, unless John K beats me to it.

Adios for now Amigos. Bernie.