Hear Ruby on my Radio Show

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Kerry H Edwards

Hear Ruby on my Radio Show

Post by Kerry H Edwards »

Hi everyone,

I have not visited for a long time.

Just to let you all know that I do a radio program Remember When (music of the 40s to 60s)on our local Community radio 2XX here in Canberra, Australia every Sunday night Fornight 7-9pm AST. So about 11 Hrs ahead of UK. You can webstream the program onto your PCs. Here's the link http://www.2xxfm.org.au/08/ follow the podcast & straming link. Well I have already aired many of Ruby's hits and intend to do more. Perhaps a special on her one Sunday!

I've also picked up an EP of hers It' a Great Day for the Irish - at the Lifeline Bookfair which I will add to the list - if I can find it.

Best wishes from a very warm 35o Canberra - we are in Autumn?

Kerry

Bernie Burgess

Re: Hear Ruby on my Radio Show

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Kerry,

I am quite sure that everyone on the R.M. website will be thrilled by you posting. From a personal point of view I am delighted with your news and will try my very best to get connected to be able to listen in. I am not the greatest on computers but I KNOW A MAN WHO IS. I will contact Gerald, he is sure to be able to assist me. On behalf of everyone connected to the website we send our sincere thanks, long may you continue to play Ruby's tracks.

Locally I can usually get some air time on British radios stations and I will certainly try to get a track played on March 29th.

From sunny Spain to a sweltering Canberra, Mucho Amistad Adios Amigo. Bernie

Kerry H Edwards

Re: Hear Ruby on my Radio Show

Post by Kerry H Edwards »

Thank You for your encouragement Bernie - to be sure I will play at least one song of Ruby's at every program. I now have quite a few thanks to the Anthology and other CDs and LPs, so I will spend some time and do a tribute to her one Sunday. I shall let you all know when this will be.

This Sunday I will be tributing Hank Locklin who passed away aged 91 on 8th March. Hank had done an Irish LP as he had some roots back there.

ooroo for now

Kerry