Birthday

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Jk

Birthday

Post by Jk »

Remembering Ruby on her Birthday. Will play some nice Cd's today.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Birthday

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Yesterday Vince Tracy, the British D.J./Presenter who is very well known amongst the 'ex pat' communities here on the Spanish coast, arranged to record a telephone interview between him and I to go out today on the anniversary of Ruby's birthday. He rang me whilst he was in the middle of playing 'Scarlet Ribbons' and enquired whose scarlet ribbons was Ruby referring to. I assured him that they were definitely not mine. He then proceeded to play short exerpts from 4 or 5 other tracks of Ruby's but breaking into each one to ask questions about the individual tracks. It turned out to be a very pleasant musical interlude and a very nostalgic compliment to Ruby on what would have been her 74th birthday.

I am hoping that Vince actually made a recording of the interview so that I can get either an audio tape or a C.D, of the interview so that I can find a way of uploading it. I may not be technically capable of carrying out such an undertaking but 'I know a man who can'

I guess that there were many of Ruby's tracks played by her ardent fans/friends today.

My very best wishes to you all.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Bernie Burgess wrote: I am hoping that Vince actually made a recording of the interview so that I can get either an audio tape or a C.D, of the interview so that I can find a way of uploading it. I may not be technically capable of carrying out such an undertaking but 'I know a man who can'
That is really good news about Ruby's birthday, Bernie. I will be happy to help in any way I can if you get your hands on a copy of the programme.
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I have just had a telephone call from Bernie about the radio show, and now it is available for us all to listen to. There are two ways you can do this:
1. Go to http://www.vincetracy.com/showtime.html and listen to the complete show which lasts just over an hour. Click on the programme listed under Friday 27th March where you will see Bernie's name mentioned.
2. Download from our Library a shortened version which includes all that Vince and Bernie say about Ruby. Note that this is still about 13 minutes long so is quite a big file.
I hope you enjoy listening :D
Well done Bernie!
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Thanks to Gerald, the broadcast, recorded over the telephone, is available to anyone who wishes to listen to it. The piece that Gerald has posted starts with one track form a group, it only lasts about 2/3 mins and then Vince connects with me. It's quite a colourful construction of several of Ruby's tracks, all of Vince's instant choice 'on air'. I was annoyed with myself for not instantly recalling the name - 'Quite Contrary' when asked about it by Vince, put it down to age eh?

I did manage to give the Ruby Murray website a plug though.

Adios Amigos. Bernie, :oops:

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello,Gerald & Bernie, I have just had the pleasure of listening to the Vince Tracy show that you Gerald have put on the site, what a a great job you have done with it, and thank you.

Bernie, I think you also did a great job in the way you handled the interview over the phone, not an easy job, so thank you to you.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello J.K.

I just knew that you would be the first to respond to the posting containing the broadcast, thanks for your kind comments.
I just hope that many other friends will listen in and post their comments as well. It would be very helpful if a 'listener' took the trouble to log on to Vince Tracy's website and pass on thanks on behalf of members of the Ruby Murray website. I have done numerous interviews with Vince relating to the Ruby Murray story and he has been most generous regarding air time for Ruby's records since I arrive here on the Spanish coast and I am grateful to him personally. Care to join me with thanks from the website members?

Adios Amigos. Bernie.