Broadcast on Ruby's Birthday.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Broadcast on Ruby's Birthday.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Broadcast Tribute to Ruby,

I was interviewed on radio by Vince Tracy on March 27th. It was scheduled to go on air on her birthday- March 29th. The broadcast was recorded on tape and Vince made the taping available on his website. Gerald stepped in and as usual played a major role by 'uploading' the 13mins broadcast and has placed it within the 'Birthday' posting. Anyone interested in hearing the interview, which was carried out over the telephone, can log on to that 'Birthday' posting and hear the complete 13min broadcast. It is preceded by a track from a group which lasts around 2/3 mins and then Vince connects with me.

John K has already listened to the broadcast and has sent a 'thank you' email to Vince who will I know appreciate the email from the Ruby Murray website.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

rbl.ca

Re: Broadcast on Ruby's Birthday.

Post by rbl.ca »

Hi, Bernie.

I just listened to the recording of your interview with Vince Tracy. Each time a different song began, it brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why because I listen to Ruby nearly every day. It just seemed special to hear her on radio, as if we were hearing her 'live' in the '50s.
You were terrific, and sounded a lot younger than you are. Vincent seems a very nice fellow.

And special thanks, again, to Gerald for bringing this to us in the Library.

Best wishes.
Ralph

Bernie Burgess

Re: Broadcast on Ruby's Birthday.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ralph,

Thanks you so much for being a very special Ruby Murray fan. I appeciate your kind words. I find it absolutely remarkable that her voice and her memory can still have so much emotional effect on so many people across the world. It goes to prove that her voice had enormous appeal to millions of people,- truly incredible.

The interview was carried out over the telephone in my apartment and was completely 'off the cuff', the fact that you can listen to it thousands of miles away amazes me.

My very best wishes to you and your family. Good luck Ralph.

Adioa Amigo. Bernie