Happy Days And Lonely Nights CD (downloads?)

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Brian Henson

Happy Days And Lonely Nights CD (downloads?)

Post by Brian Henson »

Has anyone else noticed that another collection of Ruby tracks has been issued, by a company named Fountain Records. I spotted it on a website 7digital.com. As a matter of fact I'm not sure if this is actually a CD. There are only 12 tracks and I suspect they are only available from Fountain as downloads. Nothing that hasn't been out many times before of course, but while I've got the website on screen I thought for the record I should list the tracks here ...

1 Happy Days And Lonely Nights
2 Softly Softly
3 When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
4 It's A Great Day For the Irish
5 If You're Irish Come Into The Parlour
6 The Mountains Of Mourne
7 Bambino
8 Let Me Go Lover
9 Galway Bay
10 Danny Boy
11 What Could Be More Beautiful
12 Heartbeat

www.7digital.com show what appears to be a CD cover, so maybe it is a CD, but I've not seen it for sale anywhere else. I tried to upload the cover to the Library. My upload seemed to have been accepted, but when I went back in to check, it's not there ... more than that I tried several other recent uploads and couldn't get them on the screen either. Does anyone know if there is currently a problem in the Library section?

Brian

Brian Henson

Re: Happy Days And Lonely Nights CD (downloads?)

Post by Brian Henson »

I just popped back in to the 7digital site again, and I now see there are two other collections - each with cover illustrations and which seem to have been there since 2007 and 2008, so I'm even more convinced now that these are not available to buy as CDs but are there purely to offer the tracks as downloads.

The one from 2007 is again titled 'Happy Days And Lonely Nights' but lists 20 tracks. The one dated 2008 is titled 'Spotlight on Ruby Murray' and once again has only 12 tracks.

I won't list the tracks or attempt to upload the covers on these two - at least until the Library is up and running again. However if you are curious about them click on the website www.7digital.com - type Ruby Murray into the Search, and you should then find them easily.

Brian

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello Brian, nice to see you post here again!
Just to let you know that I also cannot upload properly to the Library. My last two attempts were failures in the same way as yours - it appears to upload but there is nothing there to download. I have alerted Timmer, but so far he has not replied so I assume he is busy or away.
Last edited by Gerald Lawrence on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I missed the posting by Brian, I was either in Geneva or Edinburgh. I am fascinated by the discovery that Brian has made, I hope that the upload/download problem will be sorted out. I wonder whether it's because Timmer is sick in some way, let us hope that it's pressure of work?

I'm off to take a look at the discovery.

Adios Amigos, Bernie.