News of a 'Friend'

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

News of a 'Friend'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello 'Friends',

I have spoken to Marie Murphy over the week-end and she told me that her daughter Kathleen, who is a Registered Member on the website and posts from time to time - 'Spud Murphy' is ill. Kathleen works for The Untited Nations in Brussels and lives alone in her apartment. She has had a heart attack and was taken into hospital. Thankfully her fellow workers have been very kind to her, because she is alone in Brussels, and have visited her in hospital. She has now been discharged from the hospital and is once again back in her apartment. Obviously Marie is very upset by the situation and wanted desperately to visit her daughter but, due to her own medical condition, her doctor in Belfast will not allow her to fly to Brussels so she has to be content with telephone calls.

Via Marie, I have wished 'Spud Murphy' a speedy recovery and passed on good wishes from everyone on the website. I am hoping that she will be well enough soon to be able to 'log on' to the website. If you are logging on Kathleen - We send you love and best wishes - 'GET WELL SOON' We're thinking about you.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Re: News of a 'Friend'

Post by Jk »

I would like to had my best wishes to Kathleen. Hope you are now on the best side, look after yourself and have plenty of rest. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I too am very sorry to read about Kathleen, and I hope she makes a good recovery.
I used to visit Brussels very often in my work, and you can be sure that had I still been doing so, a visit to see her would have been top priority.
All the very best, from me.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about Kathleen being ill.

Kathleen, best wishes for a speedy recovery. You are in our prayers and also mum Marie.

God bless.

Martin.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I have 'goofed' regarding Marie's daughter's name. it's Claire who is poorly NOT Kathleen and it's Claire who is 'spudmurph' and who works for the Untited Nation, Kathleen is fit and well in Northern Ireland. Sorry for the confusion Friends.
I will be talking to Marie again in a couple of days so I will own up to her too. Whilst talking to Marie I will endeavour to find out how Claire is and will report back here to the website,

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

Don't worry it is an easy mistake to make.

Best wishes to Claire for a speedy recovery.

Martin

spudmurph

Post by spudmurph »

Hello everybody

I am replying to everyone on Clare's behalf. She is improving and is doing very well indeed after her recent illness. She has now been over for a short visit home and Mum was able to see her and put her mind at ease. Thank you so much to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers not only from Clare but also from Mum and myself.

Kathleen

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Kathleen, glad to hear Clare is on the mend. Hope your mum is feeling better too.
Regards
John.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Kathleen'

I have apologized to everyone for my confusion regarding names, I have had a word with Matron. I hope that Claire continues with her recovery. I shall be speaking to your Mum at the week-end when I hope once again to get a laugh out of her.

Love to all the family. Adios Senora, Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

That is really good news Kathleen, and thank you so much for taking the trouble to let us all know.

Love and best wishes to all three of you.
Gerald

spudmurph

Post by spudmurph »

Thanks to everyone. Clare's recovery is continuing well. Your very kind messages are very much appreciated.
Kathleen

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Kathleen,

Glad Claire is recovering well. Take care and God bless.

Martin.