I just joined

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
guider

I just joined

Post by guider »

I am SO glad to find this Forum, I have been a Ruby fan all my life. Never managed to join a fan club or anything.
I was lucky enough to see her at Leeds Empire when I was around 9 years of age which would make it around 1956, I may be wrong with the date...I didn't actually care what the date was , all I cared about was I was actually going to see Ruby Murray. I can see her now on that stage wearing a beautiful blue dress, all shy and she looked scared at first. She soon got over that once she realised how much we were looking forward to welcoming her. That was the highlight of my Childhood that was.
Years later my Hubby came home and said we were going out as he had some tickets for a show, very unusual for us to go to a show....who was it RUBY of course, she was appearing at Bingley West Yorkshire, with Ronnie Hilton....who cared...I only wanted to see her. To get to meet and speak to her afterwards was more than a Dream come true for me. then to see and meet her again the following Year at Leeds City Varieties, well words fail me.
I did manage to give her a copy of the photograph which my Hubby took of me with her.
To see her Live again after all these years was wonderful, she was just as good as when I saw her at Leeds Empire.
Now I have the New Anthology...is it possible to wear out a CD ?
We still have some LP's including a 10" one, plus Cd's of course.
I think I have rambled on long enough now but thank you for sharing so much about her, she was and always will be...my ALL TIME favourite singer.
Best wishes
Betty

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Betty, welcome to the site, hope you enjoy what you see. If you have any photos of Ruby please upload them to the site, so we can all share them with you. I had a look at your site, and found it quite impressive.
Regards
John.

GS

Post by GS »

Wecome to the site Betty,I am glad you enjoyed meeting my Auntie and its really great that this site has honoured her. Thanks to all, George.