Changing my address.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Changing my address.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

At the end of next month I will be changing my address, I am moving into a new apartment. Hopefully this will not affect my email address as I hope to arange the same ADSL facilities when I move into the new apartment. Naturally I wish to retain the same close contact with the website and all the friends that I have made, it's been a major part of my life and I have had a great deal of pleasure being part of the entire set-up.

Kindest regards to you all,

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Changing my address.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Once I get the correct address for my new apartment I will pass it to anyone who would like to have it. Where I am moving to is about 10 kms south of Benidorm, near to a town called Villa Joyosa (Happy Town) ( I hope they are right). A little isolated I suppose, but I have never been too keen on crowds and high rise buildings. Having said that, the apartment building that I am moving into is high rise - 8 floors, but I will be on the 3rd, I can handle that okay.
A friend stopped me in Albir a few days ago and told me he had been listening to Ruby on the Internet, can anyone shed any light on what he may have been listening to? By way of interest where he was sat, sunning himself in the midday sun, the temperature was 35 degrees- I am happy to be lucky enough to live here in sunny Spain.

In the process of packing boxes with personal possessions, in readiness for the move, I came across many of Ruby's band parts, which of course was confined to piano, bass and drums, due to the fact that venues were mostly clubs etc. I spent a few nostalgic hours going through them.

Kindest Regards.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Bernie Burgess wrote:Hello Friends,

Once I get the correct address for my new apartment I will pass it to anyone who would like to have it. Where I am moving to is about 10 kms south of Benidorm, near to a town called Villa Joyosa (Happy Town) ( I hope they are right). A little isolated I suppose, but I have never been too keen on crowds and high rise buildings. Having said that, the apartment building that I am moving into is high rise - 8 floors, but I will be on the 3rd, I can handle that okay.
A friend stopped me in Albir a few days ago and told me he had been listening to Ruby on the Internet, can anyone shed any light on what he may have been listening to? By way of interest where he was sat, sunning himself in the midday sun, the temperature was 35 degrees- I am happy to be lucky enough to live here in sunny Spain.

In the process of packing boxes with personal possessions, in readiness for the move, I came across many of Ruby's band parts, which of course was confined to piano, bass and drums, due to the fact that venues were mostly clubs etc. I spent a few nostalgic hours going through them.

Kindest Regards.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.
Good Luck with the move, Bernie. I hope you enjoy living in your new apartment - will you be as close to the sea as you were in Albir? I hope you will have room for a couple of visitors now and again.....please let Rosemary and me have your new address when you have a moment.
Errr, your friend, would he by chance have been listening to Ruby on this website, do you think?
The band parts - are they personalised arrangements for Ruby, or just "as printed", just in case they might have come in handy for anyone in the future who might like to re-created Ruby's way of singing them.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

In answer to your questions Gerald.

My friend mentioned that he was listening on the internet and I believe he mentioned that it was from a radio station of some kind. I will make a point of catching him tomorrow morning and probing further.

We will be right on the front line at the new address and we will have a fantastic full on view of the Mediterranean. To the south we can see the entire coastline, including the port at Villa Joyosa, which is very close by, and then all the way down to Alicante and the sunsets are breathtaking.

The band parts. - They are not 'printed' parts they are personal arrangements. Like all band parts, they come in for some poor handing from the various musicians that handle them but considering their age they are fairly well preserved.

Unlike the apartment here in Albir, where we only have one bedroom, at Torres Beach we have 3 bedrooms so accommodating guests is much easier and we look forward to having guests.

Very Best Wishes To Everyone,

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Bernie, Good luck for when you move, hope all goes well. It is OK having 3 bedrooms but will they have beds in them?
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Bernie,

Good luck with your move. Take care and best wishes and every happiness in your new home.

Martin

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I shall be disconnecting my computer, and all the gadgets that go with it, later today but hopefully I will be able to find someone who can carry out all the technicalities for me when I reach my new address. It may take a few days as there is so much to do with the removal.

I now have confirmation regarding my new address, there is a slight change to the one that I gave to a few 'friends' previously: -

Bernie Burgess,
Partida del Torres
Urbanisation Terramar,
Block 1, Escalera 1,
Planta 3. Puerta 17,
03570 - Villa Joyosa,
(Alicante)
SPAIN.

Wishing you all a happy weekend,

Hasta Luego Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I had a telephone call from Bernie yesterday to let me know how things are going on with his move.

Unfortunately he has had a spot of illness which coincided with the move, but he is on the way to recovery now. He has not yet got a telephone line installed, and then he will have to wait a bit more for his broadband connection, so we won't be hearing from him here for a while yet!

However, the good news is that he has a wonderful new apartment with a terrific view overlooking the Mediterranean, so once he gets over this spell he is looking forward to settling in.

Good Luck Bernie!
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Thanks Gerald for letting us know about Bernie.

Get well soon Bernie, enjoy your new apartment, Or Villa which ever the case may be.
Regards
John.