David Frankish is not well

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

David Frankish is not well

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I was speaking by telephone with David today, because I had learned that he had had a heart attack. He told me that he was rushed to hospital in time for them to carry out an operation, and he was discharged less than a week later. His next check up will not be until the end of January. So although he has to take things very steadily, and has to be careful about diet and other things, things do appear to be a bit more hopeful than they were at the start.
Many of you will remember that David was once the full-time secretary to the Ruby Murray Fan Club, and used to travel quite frequently with her and Bernie (and the children) when she appeared in summer season. He is also the hero who made the series of reel-to-reel audio tape recordings, that were damaged in a fire, and from which I have been able to rescue a number of "golden treasures" of songs that most of us have never heard Ruby sing before.
I am sure you will want to join me in wishing David all the best, and of course there is only one way to do that - "Get Well Soon" David.
Gerald

Jk

Re: David Frankish is not well

Post by Jk »

Hi,Gerald first let me say thanks for letting us know about David.
DAVID, I hopeyou are fit and well very soon. I know it can take a bit of time,but i have had 3 heart attacks and two stroks in the last 4 years,but you do learn to live with it. Just don't try to rush things, take it easy, and all will be well.
Any how keep on the bright side,look after yourself and good luck.
Regards
John.