Forums fixed

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Timmer
Site Admin

Forums fixed

Post by Timmer »

Hello everyone!

This is a test post and an update that the Ruby Murray forums should now be fixed. If you can read this then it must have worked.

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the delay and I hope that the downtime hasn't damaged the sense of family in our special community here.

If this worked I'm going to spend the rest of the day listening to Ruby music to celebrate.

Warmest regards,
--Tim

Jk

Re: Forums fixed

Post by Jk »

Thanks Tim for all your hard work in getting the site back up, I know it as been a pain for you, but you got it right in the end. THANKS
Regards
John.

Timmer
Site Admin

Post by Timmer »

There may be one peculiarity with the forums regarding passwords. The makers of the phpBB forum software changed the way passwords are encrypted. For those of us who had passwords prior to the change, sometimes the software won't let us log in.

The solution is to use the site's "forgot password" function to reset your password. This function requires that you know your username and email address on file.

For any problems I can always be contacted at tim@roguevalleygroup.com.

Good luck!

--Tim

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi Timmer and John,

Hope you are both well. Glad the site is up and running again, I have missed it, epecially at Christmas.

Thanks Timmer!

Martin. ;-)

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends

I would like to add my sincere thanks to Timmer. I am so pleased and very grateful that, once again, he has used his expertise and his valuable time to put us 'back on the air'.- THANKS TIMMER.
As I have always said, we owe a great deal to Timmer, the person who give birth to http://www.rubymurray.org. Between Timmer and Gerald we are all able to enjoy the website and can now continue to spend happy hours viewing the numerous 'pages' of interest. - HOORAY!

Kindest regards to Timmer and everyone connected to the R.M. website.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Yippee! I go away for a week's holiday and look what I find when I get back --- Timmer has mended the Forum :D :D
Well done Timmer, for getting to the bottom of the problem and fixing it. I know from my own experience that software can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes when it doesn't work! My name and password seems to work fine, as I have it set to Remember Me and it did :)

Thank you again, Timmer, and I hope we get some interesting discussions going here now that it is fixed.

I hope everyone found and looked at the little bit of news I put on the News page about David and Bernie.
Gerald