Ruby Song On Radio

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Jk

Ruby Song On Radio

Post by Jk »

Radio 2 Desmond Carrington "The Music Goes Round" starting at 7.0.clock. Feb 23rd. This is a fifties show, which Graham Bunn listened to just before Christmas, and they did not play a Ruby song, Graham wrote into the show and has had a reply that one will be played on the 23rd Feb.
Well Done Graham
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Ruby Song On Radio

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

That is good news - I wonder which one Desmond Carrington will play?

Softly, Softly anyone?
Gerald

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Well it was the expected song, but I thought it was very nice of Desmond to mention a couple of facts perhaps taken from our very own Home Page!

It was also good of him to mention Bernie in Spain, although admittedly he didn't do it by name. But all publicity is good publicity, and let us hope the 50s format for the show continues again in the future - next time we could try for a different song, and a mention of this website.

Well done again for getting this done, Graham
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello 'Friends'

What a performance I had trying to locate the Desmond Carrington programe on my computer, I eventually found my way there and listened intently. It was an excellent mixture of stars from the 50s which made great listening. There were no prizes for guessing which of Ruby's songs he would play, it still sounds wonderful. The 'old lad' came in for a mention too. I left the programme after THE song and sent him an email to thank him for playing Ruby's 'Softly' but then couldn't get back to the programme to hear the last part. Not enough band width was the reason displayed. All I need to do now is to find my way back to listen the the programme when it's played again via the Internet.

Thanks is due to Graham B for contacting the programme and acheiving success well done Graham.

Adios Amigos. Bernie