Photograph of Ruby on ATV's 'Music Shop'

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Brian Henson

Photograph of Ruby on ATV's 'Music Shop'

Post by Brian Henson »

I don't think it's possible to upload photographs into the Library at the moment, so I'm hoping I can post it here, pro tem.
Ruby is enjoying a happy moment with singers Toni Dalli and Teddy Johnson.

Brian

Jk

Re: Photograph of Ruby on ATV's 'Music Shop'

Post by Jk »

Hello Brian, thank you for the posting, good picture of Ruby
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Glad you have popped in again Brian, good to see you!

Yes there is still an upload problem to the Library on the list of things to be sorted, so using photobucket is a good idea to let us see your new picture. And very nice it is too! Many thanks.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

What a great surprise, in fact two surprises. one to see Brian H posting again AND with a photo that I cannot recall seeing before. I think the picture was taken during a summer season in Gt. Yarmouth therefore Ruby must have been appearing at the Windmill Theatre. Perhaps someone will correct me if I am wrong about the year but I think it must have been around '68/69. (Don't all rush at once).

Tony Dali is living in the Costa del Sol area (Porta Banus???) where he opened an Italian Restaurant and he did his own cabaret. The restaurant was highly successful but eventually Tony sold the restaurant to his staff who then engaged him to do the cabaret. During this time Tony met Frank Bowles and Frank wrote his biography.

Teddy Johnson and his wife-partner Pearl Carr used to live in Barnes south of the Thames, Ruby and I were very friendly with them both when we were also living south of the Thames, in Oxshott- in 19 hundred and frozen to death. Graham B asked me a question about Teddy and Pearl but I couldn't come up with the answer right away so I suggested that he contact Brian H, who I felt quite sure would come up with some answers. Little did I realize that Brian would even supply a photograph with everything that Graham was enquiring about. Well Done Brian, that is absolutely brilliant.

It is wonderful having the website up and running again.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Hello Ruby fans,

I have not posted for a long time but felt that at this moment in time that I must..........Thank you Brian for posting the photograph of Ruby on the website but all credit for finding this photograph must be given to my friend Judy(who posts as Camay girl on the website Whirligig).

Judy did post the article to me because she knows that I am a dedicated Ruby fan that is why I contacted Bernie who in turn did advise me to contact Brian for the information that I was requesting.........I guess you were busy Brian as I got no reply.

Judy has also supplied to me another item which John is going to upload when the website is up and running again........I just want to say although Judy does not contribute to this website her efforts in finding Ruby articles should be brought to our notice and she should be thanked.

I will be asking Judy to look in on this item so that she is aware of how we should appreciate her.

Take Care
Graham.
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Hello again Graham, good to see you too!

I know there are a number of Ruby fans on Whirligig, as I used to post there myself, and I recognise the name Camaygirl. Please thank her on our behalf for finding a lovely picture and letting us have a copy.
Gerald

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hi Graham, good to see your name back on the message board. Just in case Judy does not pop in to the site, thank her for me for the info she sends you.
Regards
John.

Brian Henson

Post by Brian Henson »

Just to confirm that the photograph of Ruby, Teddy and Toni did indeed originate from Judy (Camaygirl), one of the regular posters on Whirligig. It was remiss of me not to give her an acknowledgement here, but do pass on my thanks to her as well, Graham.

I have mentioned Whirligig in this forum before, and I know that Gerald pays the occasional visit to the site - but it's such a great photograph that when I found the Ruby Murray Library was still not in use , I copied it directly into a Message box so it was available for some more Ruby fans to enjoy.

Brian

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

HI guys,

Hope you are all keeping well and having a good 2010 so far.

Nice picture of Ruby but to me it looks more like the 50s rather than as late as 1968 or 69?

Graham, great to see you back on here. You have been missed. Thanks to you and Judy for the pic!

Martin. ;-)