News from Canada.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

News from Canada.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,
This evening I have received some very sad news from Canada, Ruby's sister, Lillian, passed away about a week ago in a Nursing Home in South Carolina where she had been for the last 3 months. I was told that the cause of death was Upper Respitory Infection. She would have been 80yrs old later this year.

Unfortunately, it is common knowledge that Lillian, who was a beautuful lady, was an alcoholic and consequently she suffered poor health for many years due to an excess of alcohol. As I have witten previously, Lillian's daughter, Janice, who I believe is in her 50s, is also an alcoholic and was therefore unable to give her mother support and comfort due to her inability to do so because of her own 'problem' with alcohol. I have no idea whether other members of the Connolly family are aware of the situation, or even Lilian's first husband (Frank Duffy??? I am not sure if I have got his name right) knows about Lillian's passing.
Lillian had re-married and her husband was with her. It was his daughter who gave me the sad news, I passed on my condolences to Lillian's husband and his family.

It all goes to underline the fact that the 'problem' is hereditary

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Re: News from Canada.

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Sad news indeed, and I hope the family are coping with their sad loss.

Another link with Ruby that is gone for ever.
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thanks for letting us know this sad news about Ruby's sister, Lillian, may she rest in peace.

Did she know about or ever visit this website to Ruby I wonder?

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin,
In reply to your question about whether Lillian looked in on the R.M.Website. Apparently Lillian also suffered from Alzheimer's which was in an advance stage recently but I have no idea when she developed the decease which of course would have a bearing on whether she was able to use computers etc.
It all goes to underline the fact that we should all make sure that we live every day to the full. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate, I still enjoy reasonably good health, thankfully.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Regarding the awareness of the website, it was Lillian's daughter in law, the same lady that passed on the sad news, that found my details on the website so there was contact via the web with Lillian's family. Her name is Jackie Stevens and we exchanged several emails in recent months. At her request I sent her copies of some photos that we took when Ruby and I went to Canada to see, not only Lillian but many of the Connolly family. There must be some relatives on the Connolly side still thriving, even if it's children from Ruby's aunts and uncles. One cousin contacted me a few years ago, she too found me via the website but after a brief exchange of emails contact came to an end. I tried several times to regain contact with her but didn't get any replies.
Next month has a couple of dates of importance, March 17th, 'It's a Great Day For the Irish' and March 29th. who amongst us could forget that day?

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Brian Henson

Post by Brian Henson »

Bernie sent me this family group photograph a few days ago which I'm now pleased at his request to add to the message board - Ruby with her mother and sister Lilian and her daughter Janice.

Rest in Peace, Lilian

Brian

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello 'Friends,

I especially asked Brian H to upload the family photo of Ruby, her Mother, Lillian and Lillian's daughter Janice. I am most grateful to Brian for devoting his time to carrying out the task. I wanted everyone to see a photo of Lillian and Janice because I suspect that not many people have seen either of them before.
Brian also told me that he is going to provide a link to a piece of film taken in Gt, Yarmouth in 1958. It's a Gt Yarmouth tourism film which includes some footage of Ruby and Tommy Cooper with Tommy on roller skates. Well done Brian, I know that everyone will enjoy viewing both the photo and the link to 1958.

Let's hear it for Brian.

Adios Amigos.

Jk

Post by Jk »

Hello Brian, thank you so much for putting the photo on the message board.
Regards
John.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Yes thank you to Brian and Bernie for the photo. I love old black and white photographs.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

That is a nice picture, thank you Brian, and has come out so clear considering how old it must be.

I haven't heard anything from Timmer yet about fixing the upload problem to the Library, so your method is a very welcome alternative!
Gerald