Ruby on a concert bill in 1948

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Brian Henson

Ruby on a concert bill in 1948

Post by Brian Henson »

I have just come across this cutting on line, and thought I'd share it with you - as it's probably the earliest evidence I've seen of a concert appearance by Ruby. It's said to be at the Adelphi in Dundalk on 20 June 1948, when she would have been only 13 years old.

Sadly it's very small and attempts I made to enlarge it didn't make it any easier to read, but I think I can make out the caption under her name as 'Ireland's Vera Lynn'.

Brian

Bernie Burgess

Re: Ruby on a concert bill in 1948

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Brian

Quite a find,I think that you could be right about the bill matter underneath Ruby's name. I think that originated from 'Big Dan' as I seem to remember a bill that he and two Belfast business men promoted with that same bill matter on it. I too have tried unsuccessfully to enlarge the photo but it doesn't happen, - pity.

If I find something among the mountain of press cuttings that would generate some interest I will let you know.

Yes Gerald is on a 'short break', he didn't say how long it would be. He has asked Timmer again if he could do something about him not being able to change the 'Home' Page. As of his moment he has had no response.

Kindest regards, Adios Amigo. Bernie.