David Whitfield DVD

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Re: David Whitfield DVD

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Of course you still are Bernie, whatever was Teddie thinking? LOL :-)

Not been on here for a while as my pc has been ill but I have received my copy of the David Whitfield DVD. Ruby looks amazing in her lovely dress and although obviously nervous, gives a lovely performance in her solo. She really sings from her heart with real feeling. I also enjoyed her number with Bernie and the Jones Boys. I like the choreography as well. I wonder if Duke will uncover any more old footage?

Best wishes to all friends.

Martin

villette

Post by villette »

As a great David Whitfield fan, I am so pleased at all your enthusiasm for his dvd, and that Ruby Murray is appearing for you all. I love the song she sings, this dvd brings back so many happy memories, if only I could go back to the fifties. Still, we can for a while, with modern technology. Wonderful.

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Villette

Welcome to the Ruby Murray website. We are all proud of the fact that it is bulging at the seams with information, including photos, videos, stories and anecdotes. We like to encourage all new members to stay with us and participate as much as possible.
So pleased that you are a devout David Whitfield fan, Ruby and I knew him personally very well. The days when they were both riding high in the music and entertainment world were indeed golden days which sadly will never be seen again.

My very best wishes. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I finally got around to ordering my copy of the DVD and it arrived while we were away. I just had time last night to wizz through it looking for Ruby and Bernie and found the songs. I enjoyed the Jones Boys number, and it is lovely to see Ruby singing two songs never before seen on video and my, doesn't it take you back to those wonderful days of the 50s when she was so popular? We never had the ITV channel on our TV back then, so it is likely that this was the first time I have ever seen her in this programme. It was well worth the wait of over 50 years :D . It just confirms why I, along with thousands of other young lads, fell for Ruby's charms :roll:
It won't be long before I sit down to watch the whole DVD and I know now that I will start to get quite excited when I know that Ruby is about to appear.
Gerald