Total Viewers.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Total Viewers.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I assume that most friends/fans have noticed that the listing of track titles placed by John K has now been viewed over 400 times. It proves that the Ruby Murray website has grown immensely during this anniversary year, quite an achievement.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Kerry H Edwards

Anthology

Post by Kerry H Edwards »

Well finally it arrived and I have enjoyed every song.

I never ever thought that as a young 5 yo growing up in India and listening to Ruby over Radio Ceylon that I would ever own most of if not all of her songs. Of Course Radio Ceylon only played select pop songs and that is why I grew to enjoy and love ' Sweetheart of All My Dreams', 'Let Him go Let Him Tarry', 'My Little Corner', and 'I'll Walk The Rest of The Way'.

Not having heard many of Ruby's songs before, I am immensely enjoying the album along with the beautiful pictures of her and the sleve notes. Well done Bernie and well done EMI. Yes I too noted the 'Sweeheart of All My Dreams' is an alternate version and I'm hanging on to my 45.

I am also finally glad to be able to log in to the message board as myself, albeit had to register again. So my earlier registration can be deleted.

Well done again.

Kerry in a chilly Canberra

Bernie Burgess

Kerry E. -Anthology

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Kerry,
Your message makes very interesting reading. Somewhere amongst a mountain of Ruby's personal photos and data, I can remember finding a snapshot of several girls who were part of the Ruby Murray fanclub in Ceylon. It must have been taken in the late 50s or 60s I guess.

The next time I search through the data I will look it out and try hard to copy it onto the website.

So pleased that you are enjoying the new set of CDs, we are all very excited and pleased with the Collection.

P.S. I have sent a copy of your message to Stephen Woof at EMI Records.

Kerry H Edwards

Fan Club in Ceylon

Post by Kerry H Edwards »

Hi Bernie,

thank you for your response. Yes it would be very interesting to see that photo of the RM Fan Club. She was immensely popular in Ceyon and India even if there were only a few of her songs aired. We would often hear a RM request on Choice of the People which was the request program. Later in the 1960s and early 70s she was always played on a program called Hit Parades of the Past.

Ceylon had a great appreciaition for good singers and had quite a few good local artists themselves. Some may remember Bill Forbes a Burgher who went to the UK and had some minor hits with 'Believe In Me'
'Marianne' (the Easy Riders hit) and 'Aachaa England' and 'Calcutta' sung using the pseudonym of Kal Khan.

ooroo

Kerry