EXCITING NEWS

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

EXCITING NEWS

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Recently I was approached by a production company by the name of Hardy Pictures who have offices in London and Belfast. They have submitted an idea to R.T.E. (IRISH Television) regarding making a documetary about Ruby's life and career which R.T.E. have accepted and they have commissioned Hardy Pictures to make the programme. It is intended that the narrator of the programe will be an Irish singer/song writer/recording artiste called Duke Special. The programme is to be named 'Ruby and the Duke'

I am meeting up with the producer and the director later this month to have extensive talks about the content and to give them copies of photographs and other data. In June and July they intend to do the filming and it is hoped that the programme will be transmitted early next year.

Obviously I am over the moon with this news. I will post more details as I get them. I will be posting, (separately) an explanation from Hardy Pictures for you all to see.

Kindest regards to everyone.

Adios Amigos.

Bernie Burgess

Re: EXCITING NEWS

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

Here is further data in connection with the proposed documentary, it's from an email that I received from the producer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Bernie,

Lovely to speak to you!

Here are the details of the documentary.

Hardy Pictures, a television and film production company with offices in Belfast and London, have been commissioned to make Ruby and the Duke, a one hour documentary for the Irish broadcaster RTE, for their Arts Lives strand. A musical biography of Ruby Murray by contemporary singer songwriter Duke Special. Production and filming will begin in June and July of this year - the documentary will be broadcast in early 2011. Hardy Pictures are delighted that they have the opportunity to celebrate one of Ireland's most iconic and unforgettable songbirds.

Talk to you soon!

All the best,

Andrea
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post further details when I have them

Adios Amigos. Bernie,

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Another of your projects looks like it will come to fruition! :D This is great news, and I am sure that with your guidance the programme will do justice to our dear singer, Ruby. What would be really great would be if they are able to dig up from some archive additional video material to that which we know about.

I look forward with great interest to getting more details as they emerge. Well done!
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Hope all is well.

Andrea, a hundred thousand welcomes to our website.

Bernie, what exciting news about this documentary. I take it Hardy Pictures will be consulting our website to make sure there are no errors with the facts etc? Looks like we are going through another busy period for fans of Ruby what with the proposed preservation of Ruby's childhood home, the release of the David Whitfield DVD and now this documentary. Lots of things for Duke to include on his programme.

Gerald, let us hope some exciting archive material can be unearthed for this project.

Best wishes.

Martin