Belfast Music Bus Tour

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Teddy O'Neil

Belfast Music Bus Tour

Post by Teddy O'Neil »

You may be interesed to know of this tour which I just heard of this week on local radio. The Bus Tour is run by the tourist board (Belfast Welcome Centre) evey Saturday, June to September and visits locations and venues associated with local music celebrities such as Ruby Murray, Van Morrison, Thin Lizzie, Stiff Little Fingers, Snow Patrol and Gary Moore. Some information is given on the Belfast Welcome Centre website.
I dont know the exact itinerary but the tour starts from Ulster Hall and I expect tourists will be shown the commemorative plaque to Ruby there. The bus will probably also drive thorough the 'village' area of Donegall Road where Ruby grew up and probably stop at the mural dedicated to her there.

At least she hasn't been forgotten among the modern pop groups.

Cheers, Ted

Bernie Burgess

Re: Belfast Music Bus Tour

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Ted,

Great news about the local bus tour etc. I am so pleased that Ruby is well and truly celebrated in Belfast, she deserves it.

As I posted yesterday, I hope that the plaque is shiny and bright because the filming starts next week on the documentary and it will more than likely be photographed or filmed.

Kindest regards to you Ted.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Re: Belfast Music Bus Tour

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well. If you look on Youtube under Belfast Music Bus Tour, I think there may be a very fleeting clip of Ruby in Belfast near the beginning of the clip. I think it is Ruby in later years, possibly the early nineties. If you blink you may miss it!

Best wishes.

Martin