Query re Ruby Photo at holiday camp

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
memories

Query re Ruby Photo at holiday camp

Post by memories »

A photo of Ruby at a holiday camp asks if anyone knows which camp it was. I know that Ruby had (30 mins I think) shows on Radio Eirrean (sp) on Sunday nights and they were from Red Island Holiday Camp. (Ireland) This was in the early fifties before "Quite Contrary" Softly Softly etc. Perhaps the photo was taken there. I heard of the programmes because my friend lived in Benburb Street so knew Ruby. Hope this helps.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Query re Ruby Photo at holiday camp

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friend,

Welcome to the website. Thank you for your posting and the data you supplied. Any information about Ruby is always very welcome and appreciated by all the fans/friends. I personally have no reccolection of that period because it was well before Ruby and I met but I feel sure that others will.

Are you aware of the fortcoming documentary on Ruby's musical career which is due for release by R.T.E. (Irish Television) early in the new year? It promises to be of great interest to everyone. I find it so very satisfying to think that Ruby is still being seen and talked about many years after we lost her in l996, such was her popularity with so many people. The recently released D.V.D. of David Whitfield, where she and the Jones Boys were guesting on his programme, has caused great interest, I play my copy very frequently.

We hope that you will stay around and enjoy the site with us. Why not give us a little nformation about yourself, it would be welcome.

Kindest regards, Bernie.