New to the Forum

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
kureelpa

New to the Forum

Post by kureelpa »

Just wanted to say hi - I'm new to the Forum.
Listened to Ruby Murray as a teen in Australia, when I worked for a British Family who had emigrated & loved her beautiful voice.
I especially loved Spinning Wheel & used to have several casettes of hers back in the day. Not sure where they are now though & of course I don't have a player. Lol
Would love to find some CD's. :)
Not sure if this post is in the right place - but I'm sure the Mods will sort me out. :)

Bernie Burgess

Re: New to the Forum

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello kureelpla

Welcome to the Ruby Murray website,

There is so much for you to explore right here. Seeing as some members are away for Christmas there might be a little delay in getting a response for various things. I suggest that you take a trip through all the various files and enjoy, After the holiday period you will be able to get all the help you might require. In the meantime we wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Adios Amigo. Bernie

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

ureelpa.

You will find plenty of Ruby's tracks on the Forum, some of which are in full whilst others are extracts. Try to look up and order Ruby's boxed set called 'Anthology - A Golden Anniversary Collection' it has exactly 100 tracks on 4 C.D.s I am sure you will be able to find it on Amazon or ebay and it's very reasonably priced.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.
Last edited by Bernie Burgess on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

rbl.ca

The Spinning Wheel

Post by rbl.ca »

Hello, kureelpa.
Unfortunately, there is no CD of The Spinning Wheel album, because that LP/EP was recorded by Fontana, not EMI. One track, on that album, that would probably interest you is "If We Only Had Old Ireland Over Here", about Irish folks in Australia. If you email me (click on envelope to the right), I will email you the lyrics. It is one of my favourites of Ruby's recordings.

Welcome.
Ralph
Last edited by rbl.ca on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Bunn

Post by Graham Bunn »

Re the song "The Spinning Wheel"

It has been recorded upon a C.D by Ruby called "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" it is on Phillips 514 349 2........It may not be available to buy now but a few weeks ago someone was selling a copy of this C.D upon ebay so keep a look out for it.

If this song has special meanings for you and you cant obtain a copy contact me and I will find a way of getting a copy of this song to you.

Take care
Graham.
Graham

comet

Post by comet »

Hi Folks,

I'm from Dublin and remember Ruby's songs from my early childhood, I remember the old valve radiogramme and my mother singing along to Ruby's songs,

I became re - acquainted with some of Ruby's songs about four years ago, but seeing Ruby and the Duke http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1089312 on TV last night made me take out my Ruby 2 album CD... Just wonderful...

I am currently a big fan of Hayley Westenra http://www.hayley-westenra-international.com/ some of you may find her interesting