Directions to Crematorium.

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Bernie Burgess

Directions to Crematorium.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

With due thanks to Gerald, there is now a video explanation which I hope will assist anyone who wishes to visit Ruby's resting place. Due to the length of the video I had to do it in two takes. The first part was videoed on the main road into Torquay from the motorway area, a matter of a few hundred yards before a left hand turn that leads directly to the Crematorium. After taking the left turn I have to stop at traffic lights which is where the first part finishes. The second part is from where I take off again from the same lights and continues right to within fifty yards of Ruby's resting place. At this moment in time there is a small conifer tree at the head of the marble plinth but I can foresee a time soon when it will possibly have to be removed because it will no doubt spread it's roots which will cause great problems. I have no idea who planted the small tree but it was done by a very caring person whom I wish to thank most sincerely. If and when the small tree has to be removed Ruby's plot is in the 3rd row and directly in front of where I park the car.

I feel quite confident that anyone visiting the site will do so with the utmost respect.

My very best wishes to all Ruby's fans/friends.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Bernie Burgess

Re: Directions to Crematorium.

Post by Bernie Burgess »

On my last trip to the crematorium it was obvious that the lettering on the marble plinth badly needed re-painting. I contacted the stonemason and asked him to re-new the paint and he promised to take care of the job but having checked with the last photo I realized that I needed to remind the stonemason that he should take care of the job that I asked him to do. He has promised that he will do the job this week and take photos and email them to me. Previously we tried gold leaf lettering but it didn't last, then we tried silver paint - ditto, the last time we tried white enamel and that was more successful so we are going to re-new with white enamel. Hopefully all will be well by the end of the week.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.