Lucky Star

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Graham Bunn

Lucky Star

Post by Graham Bunn »

Brian has found the latest item of sheet music to be offered on ebay for Ruby.

This has been on ebay for a few days now and a friend of mine in Chicago has asked me about the item.

I regret I know nothing about this song at all,who can help?

The song "Lucky Star" states it is sung by Ruby Murray but does not indicated that it has been recorded by her.

The photograph on the sheet music is a very early Ruby , I think it was used on the sheet music for "Get Well Soon " so that would be in 1954.

You never know what is going to turn up,are there any more Ruby recordings out there that we have not heard?

Best Wishes
Graham

Bernie Burgess

'Lucky Star.'

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Graham,

'Lucky Star' proved to be quite a mystery. Gerald, Brian and myself tried to find out more information on it. In brief, it never was 'recorded' by Ruby but the song copy does say - 'sung by' (I have a copy of the piano copy). Brian discovered that Ruby did a broadcast and sang the song on the programme. He then found that somewhere along the line a taping was made of the broadcast and he tried to get a copy of it so that it could be included in the 4CD boxed set. The enquiry simply came to an end and consequently the song was unable to be included - shame!

I hope that helps you and your friend in the states.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.