7.30 show UTV

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Teddy O'Neil

7.30 show UTV

Post by Teddy O'Neil »

Those of you who can view Ulster Television programmes may be interested to know that Duke Special is to appear on tomorrow night's (Thursday) 7.30 Show talking about Ruby. It will probably contain excerpts from 'Ruby and the Duke' but should be worth a look.

UTV 7.30 pm 27 January.

Cheers, Ted

Gerald Lawrence

Re: 7.30 show UTV

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

Thank you for that, Ted. I hope some of our NI fans will be able to watch it.
I have just been on to UTV Player and watched some of last week's edition, so it should also be possible to watch it from other parts of the UK using the internet - I am out tonight, but I shall certainly try in a couple of days!
Gerald

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Thanks for letting us know Teddy!

MrFizzy

Post by MrFizzy »

UTV have posted a 5 min Duke segment that I think is his interview for the show and you should be able to access from anywhere. I should add that he is being asked about a range of his artistic projects and there is not much specifically about Ruby
http://www.u.tv/Entertainment/Duke-Spec ... 6b6c0b8009

Gerald Lawrence

Good News! I have been able to watch the UTV show on my PC and it is very good, there are some lovely pictures and stories about Ruby, as well as a nice interview with Duke. There are no excerpts from the Duke Special show.
Here is a link to the UTV website if you need it - http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/134784. Fortunately the part we are interested in is at the start of the show, after a couple of adverts.
Don't wait too long before looking in because it will expire in about one month.
Gerald

Teddy O'Neil

Post by Teddy O'Neil »

The interview with Duke Special was short but sweet and included some good pictures of Ruby. One I don't remember seeing before was of Ruby in the middle of a large crowd of servicemen ( was it naval personnel ?) Does anyone know when or where this was taken?

Incidentally, the songs recorded by Duke Special on his charity EP are

Happy Days and Lonely nights
I'll come when you call
Smile

The record can be obtained through the Duke Special website.

Cheers, TED :P

Gerald Lawrence

I have just successfully uploaded to our Library a copy of the Duke Special interview for those fans who are abroad and cannot access UK TV programmes. It is quite a large file so will take a while to download to your computer.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends.

In reply to the question about the servicemen photo. It was taken with members of the crew of ´H.M.S. Murray´ and I would hazard a guess that it was taken in Portsmouth but I cannot swear to that. I will be back to my apartment and my own conputer on February 4th.

Yesterday I had a telephone call from Michael Beattie, he was thrilled and excited about the newspaper comments on the documentary. They all enthused about the show. I have asked him to let me have all the cuttings so that they can be uploaded onto the website.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.