Using the News Archives

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
Gerald Lawrence

Using the News Archives

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

I hope you have been following (and perhaps enjoying) my history spot on the News Page. Some of you will remember, that a while ago, our "founder" Timmer very kindly gave me access rights to that page for the purpose of posting news messages. So I have been using it to re-create the events of the Golden Anniversary Year of 1955, as it actually happened, because by a remarkable coincidence this year, the date on a Friday is the same as it was 50 years ago.

I have reached the point in time when Ruby had "Evermore" in the Top Twenty, but for about 3 months, very little happened apart from the fact that first it went up the charts, and then slowly it came down. Tim Burleson has arranged for news items to remain visible for 90 days, and it occurred to me that if you have missed the start of this sequence (which began last December) you may like to know that my little messages are still visible using the News Archive feature that Timmer has kindly provided.

Just above the latest message posted you will see a window in which you can type a key word or words and click on Go. This will give you a list of all postings containing that keyword, from which you can select the ones you are interested in. This will obviously work for any words, but if you are specifically interested in my history sequence, then "back numbers" can be read if you simply type in the word "charts" and click on Go, because I have used this word in all such messages.
Gerald

Jk

Using the News Archives

Post by Jk »

Thanks Gerald for your post, I am sure this will help a lot of our new members in finding there way round.
Regards
John.

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

There is a new News Item which I have just posted, and by bringing this message to the top, it may help some of the newer members to find their way round this website.
Gerald