Yet Another New C.D

Discussion about Ruby Murray.

Yet Another New C.D

Post by Guest »

It seems that we are to be treated to yet another Ruby C.D for the year 2005.
The title of the C.D is "It's The Irish In Me" release date 4th April 2005.
ASIN B0007SMECM Price £6.99

There are no song details at the moment but the above information can be viewed through Amazon.

Graham Bunn

Yet Another C.D

Post by Graham Bunn »

Sorry Folks,
Having a little trouble with the new system,I forgot to log in.

The First Message relating to the new C.D was from me and not a guest.

Give me time and I will get there.

Best Wishes
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Post by Gerald Lawrence »

This is interesting, as the title is a song title that was recorded during the EMI years, and which hopefully is included in the 4CD boxed set coming out from them next month. Does anybody want to guess as to what it might contain?
Gerald

Graham Bunn

Yet Another New C.D

Post by Graham Bunn »

Gerald,
I was hoping that perhaps E.M.I would be releasing the tracks from Rubys L.P "Endearing Young Charms",although several of the songs have appeared on different C.Ds it has never been released in it's entirety.

They may also inlude some of the live performances from the "St Patricks Night" LP.

All we want now is for Fontana to release their recordings and it looks like all our collections will be complete.

Best Wishes
Graham

Gerald Lawrence

Re: Yet Another New C.D

Graham Bunn wrote:Gerald,
I was hoping that perhaps E.M.I would be releasing the tracks from Rubys L.P "Endearing Young Charms",although several of the songs have appeared on different C.Ds it has never been released in it's entirety.

They may also inlude some of the live performances from the "St Patricks Night" LP.

All we want now is for Fontana to release their recordings and it looks like all our collections will be complete.

Best Wishes
We are hoping that the EMI release will include all of Ruby's songs from both of those LPs, with the exception of "Let Him Go, Let Him Tarry" which is currently available on the "Magic" CD. This was omitted from our suggested list in order to make space for another song not currently available on CD. Not long to wait now to see what is coming.

I agree with you about the Fontana songs, although there are too many to fit onto one CD. Perhaps one day........
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Philips/Fontana

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Friends,
On the topic of Philips/Fontana. As I pointed out to Gerald and Brian, when the release from EMI is underway and sales are taking place, as I did with EMI, I will make a direct enquiry to the above company, although I think there have been changes in their status, as to what, if any, plans they might have regarding the tracks that Ruby recorded on their label. It may be that this other 'new release'(?) is connected to those tracks, but I think it is best to wait and see.

Adios Amigos, Bernie.

Post by Guest »

It has just been drawn to my attention on the message board of nostalgia website, Whirligig (www.whirligig-tv.co.uk) that Amazon now have the cover of Ruby's 4-CD boxed set on their website (I'll try to upload it into our own library after posting this message). One of the contributors to Whirligig has described it as 'Stunning' ! Still no track listing as far as I can tell, but I've no reason to suppose that it will be different to the selection chosen and submitted to EMI by Bernie, Gerald and me.

Not long to wait now!

Brian

Gerald Lawrence

CD called "It's The Irish In Me"

I have just noticed that Amazon are announcing that this CD is from EMI - very interesting, considering that the song with the same title is supposed to be on the 4CD boxed set! The mystery deepens.....
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

Mystery CD

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

I can now clear up the mystery concerning 'another CD' This is an error and is in the throws of being cleared up. It was an earlier arrangement between EMI and another company prior to the 4CD box set being set up and the information should not have found it's way onto the internet. Sorry friends, but we already have a remarkable 2005 'present from EMI, - ENJOY!
Adios Amigos. Bernie.

Gerald Lawrence

Well, in spite of Bernie's statement, it seems that Amazon are still pressing on with this CD, and even have a cover picture showing a few of the titles of the 28 tracks it contains! Have a look, because it is a nice picture, even if the CD itself does not materialise.
Gerald

Bernie Burgess

It's The Irish In Me

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Friends,

It seems that even in these days of computers, sometimes it takes a while for alterations to eventually find their way to their destination. When I spoke to Stephen Woof (Head of Range Marketing) at EMI. he was quite perturbed by the situation regarding 'It's The Irish In Me'. He thanked me for bringing the matter to his attention and told he that he must hurry off to stop the data going any further, "It should not have found it's way onto the internet" he said.

Gerald is quite right, as yet no stop has been instigated and the album details, together with the cover photo, are there for everyone to see. It will obvious cause concern and confusion whilst the situation remains unchanged but I still think it will have to be stopped otherwise it will cut right across The Golden Anniversary release.

I am flying to Exeter on March 31st in an attempt to help Tim to do the transition of his "Tribute' show from the cabaret floor to the stage. Due to the stage venues booking so far in advance, we expect to have to negotiate engagements much later in the year. I am sure Tim will keep everyone informed about progress.

Adios Amigos. Bernie.