Whatever Happend To

Discussion about Ruby Murray.
MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well.

Brian, thanks for posting the photo of Anne warren. I actually pictured her differently as well so it is good to put a face to the voice. It is a nice picture of Ruby as well.

I wonder what ever became of Anne and if she even realises that this website exists?

Gerald, I agree with you that we are so lucky with all the digital recording equipment we have these days and thanks for the overview of VERA (not Vera Lynn) ! :D

Talking of which, I wonder if Ruby ever benefited from hearing her own recordings on CD and if there were any of her records that she did not have or were lost etc? Perhaps Bernie would know this.

Thanks guys.

Martin :)

Bernie Burgess

Post subject

Post by Bernie Burgess »

Hello Martin.

I think that I can safely say that every stone has been overturned in researching Ruby's recordings. Gerald and I, with invaluable assistance from Brian, just about covered every possible avenue when I was chasing E.M.I. to recognise the fact that Ruby's chart success was 50yrs ago (at that time). I still have a few acetates in my possession but we have original master takes of all of them.

Gerald and I are still considering chasing up Philips/Fontana to see if they would consider releasing the recordings that Ruby did whilst on their label. We have discovered that the label has been swallowed up by Universal but it is far from easy trying to nail down who we can speak to. The main problem is the fact that the people who are in charge now are very young and usually have no idea who we are talking about. However, we will perhaps renew our efforts but don't hold you breath, it will not be an easy task.

Adios Amigo. Bernie.

MARTIN FOSTER

Post by MARTIN FOSTER »

Fingers crossed then! ;-)